If a student is terminated or cancels enrollment for any reason, the following refund policy will apply:
A student may request cancellation by fax, email, mail or in person at YA’s administrative office.
- All monies will be refunded if the Academy does not accept the applicant or if the student cancels within seven (7) business days after signing the enrollment agreement and making the initial payment.
- Cancellation after the seventh (7th) business day, but before the first class, results in a refund of all monies paid, except for the registration fee. YA provides additional consideration for students that have had extenuating circumstances, such as a student illness or accident, death in the family, or other circumstances beyond the student’s control.
- A student may withdraw from one or more courses during a term and not be withdrawn from the Academy if the student is attending at least one course within the term, or has registered for a course in a subsequent term within 30 days from the last scheduled date of the term. A student who withdraws from all of his or her courses in a term will be responsible for any charges that may accrue on their account due to the withdrawal.
- Cancellation after attendance has begun but prior to 40% completion of the course, will result in a pro-rata refund computed on the number of weeks completed out of the total course session.
- Cancellation after completing 40% of the course will result in no refund.
- The refund is calculated based on the postmarked date that a student’s cancellation is mailed or the date that an email, fax or mail request is received by YA.
- Refund payments will be made within 30 days of termination of students’ enrollment or receipt of the refund request.
- If for unseen reasons the Academy is permanently closed or no longer shall offer instruction, the Academy, at its option:
- Provide a full refund of all monies paid.
- Provide for completion of the course.
- Applicants denied admissions by the Academy are entitled to a refund of all money paid except for non-refundable registration fees, after the allowable seven business days.
- If the student or the Academy cancels this agreement the rules for cancellation and refund above will apply.
- Students who wish to continue their education at other schools must not assume that credits earned at the Academy will be accepted by the receiving institution. Transfer of Credits from YA is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
- Students can use the Academy placement assistance services as described, but YA does not guarantee employment upon completion of programs.